Dear Hagerstown Smiles Dental Care Patients,
WE MISS YOU! We have been caring for emergency patients under Maryland DOH, MOSH, and CDC guidelines for the past 8 weeks, with the intent being honoring what we feel is our responsibility to our community and patients by keeping them out of the hospital emergency rooms. As most of you know, Governor Hogan and the Maryland Department of Health have granted permission for dental and medical offices to re-open to elective, non-emergency care. We wanted to reach out to you to explain what this re-opening will look like at Hagerstown Smiles Dental Care and how it may affect you.
We appreciate that many of you are anxious to schedule or re-schedule your healthy hygiene appointments. Our primary concern is and has always been the safety of our patients and our team members. During these unprecedented times we are especially concerned and are focusing upon how to repeatedly and predictably achieve this. Wearing masks and social distancing will be a key in the office and before entering for you and for us, and enhanced infection control processes will be implemented over and above the stringent measures that we already had in place. We are in the process of creating a video to show you the exciting updates we've made for your safety. Our re-opening will thus be centered upon safety and will be gradually phased in. We will use this gradual re-opening to refine our safety systems. Additionally, our team members will be gradually brought back and phased in as well. This may mean that you may have to wait a bit in order to be seen.
Again, your safety is our primary concern, and the ability to feel safe as team members is key to our patients feeling safe as well. We ask that you bear with us as we return to your service. Please keep in mind that we have many patients that need to be scheduled and we will do this in as efficient a manner as possible. We thank you for your patience and understanding and we can't wait to see you again. As always, we will be available to see you should an emergency situation develop. Our phone team is still here from 8:00am to noon Monday through Friday. Please leave a message and we will return your call within these hours. If you have a true dental emergency, call 240-625-9518.
We also want to reassure you that our office is and will be a safe environment for you to receive care. We will continue to update protocols as conditions and recommendations regarding COVID19 continue to evolve. Here are just a few of the things that you can expect to see at Hagerstown Smiles Dental Care:
* We are following current CDC and ADA guidelines for safe dental practice as to the procedures that we are currently permitted to perform. For the current time, this involves only emergency procedures, and only those procedures that do not generate an aerosol. It is our hope that allowed procedures will expand in the very near future, and we are thankful for everyone's kindness and patience during this time. We will get through this together!
* We currently have a virtual waiting room: you will be able to call or text message us from your car when you arrive. We will respond and open the door for you and escort you straight to the treatment room. No need to touch door handles or wait in a room with others.
* All of our team will be wearing masks, but we would still encourage you to wear yours.
* We will be taking temperatures for every patient and staff member to ensure that nobody in our building is running a fever. Additionally, we will have a short coronavirus questionnaire that all patients and staff will be asked to complete each day.
* We will ask you to swish with a special rinse prior to beginning any dental procedure. This has been shown to cleanse and decrease potential virus and bacteria particles.
* Our treatment rooms are disinfected with hospital grade disinfectants, something we have always done for you after every patient.
* Instruments are, again as always, sterilized in a hospital grade autoclave using steam heat and pressure to kill bacteria and viruses that could potentially be present.
* HEPA air filtration will be working in every room in the office, constantly filtering, cleansing, and turning over room air.
* We will be able to take insurance information or financial arrangements from the treatment room- no need to stop at the front desk.
* A team member will be able to escort you out of the building and hold doors for you.
We are doing all we can to provide a safe place to receive dental care. As always, Hagerstown Smiles Dental Care is committed to providing high quality care in a safe and reassuring environment. In this COVID19 and in the post-COVID19 world, we will continue to do so...WITH THE SMILES AND KINDNESS YOU'VE COME TO KNOW!
HagerstownSmiles Dental Care
Family, Cosmetic & Restorative Dentistry for the Tri-State Region
Welcome to Hagerstown Smiles Dental Care. Dr. J Bruce Burley and his team have proudly served the Hagerstown Region since 1986. Our office strives to provide the type of care that we, and members of our own family, would expect to receive. Dental care is provided in a relaxed atmosphere using modern technology with good old-fashioned kindness and gentleness. One of our goals is to help our patients keep their teeth for a lifetime.
DID YOU KNOW?
HagerstownSmiles is proud to offer SEDATION for our patients with extreme dental anxiety and also BOTOX to treat TMJ.
We will also offer some cosmetic BOTOX options for our established patients. Ask one of our providers for details!
Hagerstown Smiles strives to exceed patients’ expectations!
“Dr. Burley, you are the best!! You take good care of the whole family and make our smile clean and white! You keep our gums at their best and your gentle care helps us know you think about “us” the person as well as “us” our teeth. Thanks! Your office staff are easy to deal with from appointment calls to help in payment and we appreciate their friendly smiles.”
Click here to read more about what our patients have to say
Click here to read about our doctors.
Check out our articles on:
- Cosmetic & Restorative Dentistry
- Family Dentistry
- Keeping Your Teeth for a Lifetime
- Migraine Headache Prevention
1115 Mt. Aetna Road, Hagerstown, MD 21740 | (240) 329-4724
Monday - Wednesday 7:00AM - 7:00PM / Thursday 7:00AM - 5:00PM / Friday 8:00AM - 1:00PM
Follow Us/Patient Reviews: